confusion with Log file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mhasan
Participant

confusion with Log file

Post by Mhasan »

Hi ,
Can anybody tell me ..Is there any indication of job name with the log file ... Like if we look into the scratch path where we find so many log file crreated for diffrent job ..How we can find which log file is log file of My Job.....please suggest
Thanks
M A hasan
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

If you want the name of BAD file created during loading using load option then the name of the file will be present in the director log. If you are talking about the job logs then those are not stored in scratch space but in your project directory/project Or project directory/Project/RT_LOGXXX. XXX being a number. Do a search on RT_LOG, you will get more info. And these are hash file.
Mhasan
Participant

Post by Mhasan »

Thanks for the reply,
Actually Iam looking for the Log file name like Ora.XXX.XXX.log every time we run job it creates the Log file ...hOw to know which log file is for with Job ..in director i didnt find any file of name ora.....
I can do manual search but it will be very tedious Job... please let me know your suggestions...
Thanks
M A hasan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The DataStage job log should report the pathname of the log/bad file that it used. And/or these probably are properties of the Oracle Enterprise stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.