Any way to get the concatenation of input columns done

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mhasan
Participant

Any way to get the concatenation of input columns done

Post by Mhasan »

Hi ,

I have a requiremnt where i have to concatenate all the input columns in to one column.... if number of columns in input is less then no problem ..
If the number of coumns exeeds 100 then it is very tedious job..please suggets if any routine or ..any other way to to this...
ex..
Input columns output colums
A A|B|C|D
B
C
D
Thanks
M A hasan
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It is a simple matter of using a pipe in Server, but you could effectively do something similar in PX. Write the 100+ columns to sequential file. Then, in another job, read that file but define it with just one column and no column delimiters. You've now concatenated all columns into one.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum for "vertical pivot". It's do-able in several ways (though easier in a server job).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum for "vertical pivot". It's do-able in several ways (though easier in a server job).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.