0: Export failed.,0: write() failed: Broken pipe

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mhasan
Participant

0: Export failed.,0: write() failed: Broken pipe

Post by Mhasan »

Hi

I have source as file reading through sequential stage and able to View the proper data... ..and after that passed through Transformer stage while loading into Orcale enterprize stage (Target is Oracle DB) ... while running this job i got these error please suggest the solution for this

0: Export failed.
0: write() failed: Broken pipe
Thanks
M A hasan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is Oracle on the same machine as DataStage?
In any case, there is one process on node 0 executing the operator associated with the Transformer stage, and another process on node 0 executing the operator associated with the Oracle Enterprise stage. They communicate through a pipe. There are two common ways in which a pipe can be broken - either the pipe has become full (it is being written to faster than it is being read from), or the writing process has ended without sending an "end of data" token. Examine the score to figure out what actual operators are involved, and then devise strategies for debugging what might be occurring. Use the Monitor to ascertain whether stages finished satisfactorily.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sunil.saw
Participant

Post by sunil.saw »

Hi
we have 2 node cofigration... please explain abt it
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The number of nodes in the configuration is completely unrelated to a broken pipe, which can occur on any single node or between two nodes.

Abt was an engineer who invented a cogged railway system for steep inclines. There, you have Abt explained, as requested.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.