Abend : XML output stage to MQ plug in

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

joffijoy
Participant

Abend : XML output stage to MQ plug in

Post by joffijoy »

Hi,

I have a need to implement the following process:

Read XML from MQ( MQ Plug in) --> XML Transformer stage -->XML input stage -->Couple of look up stages --> XML Output stage --> write to MQ(MQ Plug in)

The issue I am having is when give MQ plug-in as Output from XML output stage I get the errors ( mentioned below). I get the same error when I use the output link ( draw a link ) from 'XML output stage ' and write to a file. This error DOES NOT happen if I write to a file by specifying file name in 'Stage- Options' tab of 'XML output stage' ( I do not specify the O/p structure nor have the option to specify in this case).

1. It seems that I can not use output link in 'XML output stage' is that true?

2. How do I write the XML from XML output stage to MQ directly, rather that writing to file first and writing the file to MQ ?

3. I have my Xpath in description fileld in 'input - columns' tab and I am defining single field of Varchar(99999) of 'data element' 'XML' when I have a output link. Is this how I have to define the output link structure ?

The error I am getting are:
Warnings:

XML_Output_117,0: Warning: Yantra_to_Siebel_Order_Status_G.XML_Output_117: Derivation rule "/SiebelMessage/@MessageId" is invalid. Message = "The input rule does not map to any output rule "
< repeated same for all the xpaths in 'XML output' stge. >

XML_Transformer_131,0: Warning: Yantra_to_Siebel_Order_Status_G.XML_Output_117: Derivation rule "/SiebelMessage/ListOfPhOrderIntegrationBo-IntObj/OrderEntry-Orders/ListOfOrderEntry-LineItems/OrderEntry-LineItems/Status/text()" is invalid. Message = "The input rule does not map to any output rule "

Create_Order_From_Siebel,0: Warning: Yantra_to_Siebel_Order_Status_G.XML_Output_117: Derivation rule "/SiebelMessage/ListOfPhOrderIntegrationBo-IntObj/OrderEntry-Orders/ListOfOrderEntry-LineItems/OrderEntry-LineItems/Status/text()" is invalid. Message = "The input rule does not map to any output rule "

XML_Output_117,0: Warning: Yantra_to_Siebel_Order_Status_G.XML_Output_117: Column "XML_OP" is neither a pass-through column nor an XML data source.
Create_Order_From_Siebel,0: Warning: Yantra_to_Siebel_Order_Status_G.XML_Output_117: Column "XML_OP" is neither a pass-through column nor an XML data source.
XML_Transformer_131,0: Warning: Yantra_to_Siebel_Order_Status_G.XML_Output_117: Column "XML_OP" is neither a pass-through column nor an XML data source.

XML_Output_117,0: Error: None of the output link columns could be selected as target for the XML output.
Convert_to_Flat,0: Error: None of the output link columns could be selected as target for the XML output.
XML_Transformer_131,0: Error: None of the output link columns could be selected as target for the XML output.
Create_Order_From_Siebel,0: Error: None of the output link columns could be selected as target for the XML output.

Errors:
XML_Output_117,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.
XML_Output_117,0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.
APT_CombinedOperatorController(0),0: The runLocally() of the operator failed.
APT_CombinedOperatorController(0),0: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk

Thank you,
Joffi Joy.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

quick answer to the first question --- put a single column on your output link, such as "MyXMLString".... put a single "slash" in the Description attribute of the field.

Ernie
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

sorry...I only have a moment, but will look at your other info tomorrow if you haven't received any other answers.
joffijoy
Participant

Post by joffijoy »

eostic wrote:quick answer to the first question --- put a single column on your output link, such as "MyXMLString".... put a single "slash" in the Description attribute of the field.

Ernie
I am getting following error on Reject Link when I added '/'

$cat stat.xml
XML output document parsing failed. Column(0): "OP_XML" Reason: "Xalan error (pu
blicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 6, column: 150): Unknown element 'SiebelMessage'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 6, column: 150): Attribute '{}MessageId' is not declared for element 'SiebelMessage'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 6, column: 150): Attribute '{}MessageType' is not declared for element 'SiebelMessage'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 6, column: 150): Attribute '{}IntObjectName' is not declared for element 'SiebelMessage'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 6, column: 150): Attribute '{}IntObjectFormat' is not declared for element 'SiebelMessage'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 7, column: 38): Unknown element 'ListOfPhOrderIntegrationBo-IntObj'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 8, column: 24): Unknown element 'OrderEntry-Orders'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 9, column: 20): Unknown element 'OrderNumber'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 12, column: 18): Unknown element 'OrderType'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 15, column: 28): Unknown element 'PrimaryOrganization'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 18, column: 17): Unknown element 'Revision'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 21, column: 15): Unknown element 'Status'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 24, column: 35): Unknown element 'ListOfOrderEntry-LineItems'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 25, column: 31): Unknown element 'OrderEntry-LineItems'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 26, column: 26): Unknown element 'IntegrationId'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 29, column: 23): Unknown element 'LineNumber'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 32, column: 19): Unknown element 'Status'
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: column[0] (OP_XML), line: 36, column: 31): Unknown element 'OrderEntry-LineItems'

Thanks Joffi.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Just re-read your post up above. Could be the data element is screwing it up. That is for a very narrow usage on the Input link of an XMLOutput Stage. The myXMLString column above should be a character field of some type only.

...and "walk" before you run. Have a simple job, no reject link, no validation, just build xml and run it to a flat file. Once that works, you can run it into MQ.

Ernie
joffijoy
Participant

Post by joffijoy »

eostic wrote:Just re-read your post up above. Could be the data element is screwing it up. That is for a very narrow usage on the Input link of an XMLOutput Stage. The myXMLString column above should be a character field of some type only.

...and "walk" before you run. Have a simple job, no reject link, no validation, just build xml and run it to a flat file. Once that works, you can run it into MQ.

Ernie
Thank you Ernie,

I built the Reject link just to understand what was going on. It was not / is not giving out any O/P file. Log in Director does not give any error either. that was why I added the reject link.

Thank you,
Joffi Joy.