Connectivity With Oracle 9i

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meet_deb85
Premium Member
Premium Member

Connectivity With Oracle 9i

Post by meet_deb85 »

hi

I am facing an unusual problem of not able to import columns
from an oracle client........(In fact i think i am not able a connection)

But as suggested by few others i hv already defined ENV variables as:-

1)In the User Defined tab - ORACLEHOME and set the path in its value field.

2)And in the genaral :-
LIBPATH -/home/eisuser/OraHome1/lib32
and PATH-/home/eisuser/OraHome1

Its giving an error"TNS could not resolve"and "ORA-12154"

If Possible plz provide me the details of how to connect dsclient to oracle
as previously i was working on db2......
karthikgk0705
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthikgk0705 »

If you are using local naming (TNSNAMES.ORA file):

- Make sure that "TNSNAMES" is listed as one of the values of the NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile (SQLNET.ORA)

- Verify that a TNSNAMES.ORA file exists and is in the proper directory and is accessible.

- Check that the net service name used as the connect identifier exists in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.

- Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the TNSNAMES.ORA file. Look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters. Errors in a TNSNAMES.ORA file may make it unusable.

- If you are using directory naming:

- Verify that "LDAP" is listed as one of the values of the NAMES.DIRETORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile (SQLNET.ORA).

- Verify that the LDAP directory server is up and that it is accessible.

- Verify that the net service name or database name used as the connect identifier is configured in the directory.

- Verify that the default context being used is correct by specifying a fully qualified net service name or a full LDAP DN as the connect identifier

- If you are using easy connect naming:

- Verify that "EZCONNECT" is listed as one of the values of the NAMES.DIRETORY_PATH parameter in the Oracle Net profile (SQLNET.ORA).

- Make sure the host, port and service name specified are correct.

- Try enclosing the connect identifier in quote marks. See the Oracle Net Services Administrators Guide or the Oracle operating system specific guide for more information on naming.