DATASTAGE DEISGNER

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

DATASTAGE DEISGNER

Post by sendmk »

I am using DS 7.5.1A when iam trying to connect DS to any server using my DS Client iam not able to connect to designer alone but able to connect to Director and other client components . The error i get is as below.

The connection was refused or the RPC Dameon is not running. Can someone help me on this.

Thanks.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

First, is this a new installation of DataStage on the Server, or a new project on a pre-existing installation?

Second, is anyone else having a problem or just you?

Third, is this a new Client installation on your laptop, or was it working fine up until today?

Fourth, all projects on all servers or just a particular project on a particular server?

The idea that one client connects but not another leads to the idea that Designer has a corrupted registry and probably needs to be reinstalled, or you may have a permissions issue. But, we kind of need to know 1-4 above first.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That message suggests that you do not belong to any group to which the DataStage Developer role has been assigned.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.