DataTypeEbcdicToAscii in Parallel jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vrsraju
Participant

DataTypeEbcdicToAscii in Parallel jobs

Post by vrsraju »

Hi

I have used DataTypeEbcdicToAscii Ds Tranform functions in a server job to convert data from Mainframe to DB2 (EBCDIC to ASCII)

How can I make use the same functions in parallel job.. Is it supported in Parallel or any other functions available?

Thanks
vrsraju
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DataTypeEbcdicToAscii in Parallel jobs

Post by sud »

As far as my knowledge goes, there is none. However, you could use the same function call in a BASIC transformer stage. Or alternatively, write a C routine to do the same. In case you are reading from a file, you can read using the complex flat file stage or even using the sequential file stage.
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

Use the Complex Flat file stage for your source flat file - see PJD manual

charlie
jamach
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by jamach »

If you write to a sequential file, you can also convert from EBCDIC to ASCII. On the sequential file stage Input tab, select the Columns tab. Right-click on the column you want to convert, and select "Edit Row..."
On the Properties: field of the Edit Column Meta Data screen that appears, select "String Type". You should be able to select "Export EBCDIC as ASCII" as an available property.
vrsraju
Participant

Post by vrsraju »

Thanks for the response.
vrsraju
Participant

Post by vrsraju »

Hi
Thanks for your response. But my situation is
I have to FTP a dataset from mainframes and insert into a DB2 table.
For that I am using FTP plug in to read the data and write to Complex flat file. In second job I want to read that CFF file and lookup against Target table and find out inserts and updates and write to a data set. In the third job, I want read that dataset and do the insert and update operations against target table.
In the mainframe dataset, some of the fiels are packed fields. I am getting lot of errors when I am writing to CFF in my first job. I would appreciate your help if you send any info which would help me resolve this problem.
Thanks
vrsraju