command prompt error on dsjob -run

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

command prompt error on dsjob -run

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
I am tried running a job from designer and viewed in director without any errors and I got output also. Here I am using a job parameter which I had created a new one.
But when I am trying to run the same from command prompt I am getting the following error.

$ dsjob -run -mode NORMAL custdev gender_code_lookup -param '$sourcefilepath=/home/bhi/fix-csv/gender_code_lookup.csv'
Invalid arguments: dsjob -run
[-mode <NORMAL | RESET | VALIDATE>]
[-param <name>=<value>]
[-warn <n>]
[-rows <n>]
[-wait]
[-opmetadata <TRUE | FALSE>]
[-disableprjhandler]
[-disablejobhandler]
[-jobstatus]
[-userstatus]
[-local]
[-useid]
<project> <job|jobid>

Status code = -9999 DSJE_DSJOB_ERROR

I name d the parameter as "sourcefilepath" and prompt as "path". I tried all combinations with and without $ and both with path and sourcefilepath but unable to get the result.

Plz let me know whats the error is.

Thanks
Kavuri
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Note the difference in the usage statement generated by your error and the way you are calling dsjob. The Project and Job Name must be the last two entries on the command line.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mohdsuf
Participant

Post by mohdsuf »

Your command is :
$ dsjob -run -mode NORMAL custdev gender_code_lookup -param '$sourcefilepath=/home/bhi/fix-csv/gender_code_lookup.csv'

Change it like this as :
$ dsjob -run -mode NORMAL custdev gender_code_lookup -param sourcefilepath=/home/bhi/fix-csv/gender_code_lookup.csv
(removing $ sign and single quotes)

Try this and do let us know.
Sufiyan
mohdsuf
Participant

Post by mohdsuf »

Also make a little modification in it:
$ dsjob -run -mode NORMAL custdev gender_code_lookup -param sourcefilepath=/home/bhi/fix-csv/gender_code_lookup.csv <project_name> <job_name>
Sufiyan