Ignoring Line Breaks

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Richard615
Participant

Ignoring Line Breaks

Post by Richard615 »

I suspect the answer is no, but is there any to define a Sequential File such that DS ignores line breaks, and instead uses a defined string as a terminator?

I do see the Final Delimiter String options - but while that is used to flag the end of the record, that does not seem to allow DS to ignore line breaks completely. Nor does using that in combination of any of the other file properties that I've seen (such as the implicit record type).

The reason for this question is I have a file being pulled in with large text fields, which can contain such breaks. And the true end-of-records are defined with a pipe<linebreak>. This file is currently being loaded via SQLLoader into Oracle, using "str 'x7c0a'" - now I'm trying to pull that same source file into DS processing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-> Richard
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Consider how you would parse this file manually. Then find some combination of properties in an appropriate stage type (you may find Complex Flat File more to your liking) that effects the same algorithm.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.