Issue in reading reject data from look up

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Hope
Participant

Issue in reading reject data from look up

Post by Hope »

Iam rejecting the data from look up stage if look up fails. Iam redirecting rejected data to a sequential. I could view the data from the sequential file stage view tab but when i try to view data on the unix box it shows me a file which got created but when i try to view it in the editor it doesnt show up anything . well, I even i tried to remove file from box it doesnt allow me to do that . Please suggest me if iam missing anything or doing something incorrect
Abu@0403
Participant

Re: Issue in reading reject data from look up

Post by Abu@0403 »

Could you check the permission of the file. Try to change the mode of the file and give 777 using chmod command. I believe this should solve the problem.
----------------
Abu
Hope
Participant

Post by Hope »

What i have is read n write permissions on the file that means i should be able to read the file how ever its not allowing to read. Iam not able to do chmod on the file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You also need read and execute permission to the file's parent directory. Do you have these? What error message is emitted when you try to "view the file in editor" or to "remove file from box"?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.