Job getting failed, but loading data into Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

parameswar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job getting failed, but loading data into Oracle

Post by parameswar »

Hi All,

I have a scenario like this:

I have to load data into orcale. After loading,it will delete some records based on some condition. So in close command I have given delete statement. Job is loading data as well as deleting also, but status of the job is Failed. Error is as given below:

Oracle_Enterprise_3,0: Oracle call failed; sqlcode = 1403; message: ORA-01403: no data found
Oracle_Enterprise_3,0: ExecuteImmediate failed for:
delete from usa.hist7 where flag='b'.
Oracle_Enterprise_3,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
Oracle_Enterprise_3,0: Fatal Error: Invalid close command : delete from usa.hist7 where flag='b'.
node_node1: Player 3 terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

Please help me in solving the issue.

Regards,
Parameswar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Looks like you're going to need to find another place to do these deletes. The close command must wrap stuff up in an anonymous block and thus, when the delete finds nothing to delete, throws the 'no data found' error.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
parameswar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by parameswar »

chulett wrote:Looks like you're going to need to find another place to do these deletes. The close command must wrap stuff up in an anonymous block and thus, when the delete finds nothing to delete, throws the 'no data found' error.
Hi Chulett,
Thanks for your reply. Close command is deleting the records. There is no problem. But Job status is failed.

One more thing, with out close command Job is running fine .
I am not using any operator specific parameter in job also. I am not getting any clue why job is aborting even if it is loading data as well as deleting data which I am doing in close command.

Thanks,
Param
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There is no problem? You are not getting any clue? :?

Your error message is your clue. While your close command may very well be deleting records when records exist to delete, the error tells you that it has a problem when none exist to delete.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers