To know new environment variables to be added when promoting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pbatchu
Charter Member
Charter Member

To know new environment variables to be added when promoting

Post by pbatchu »

Hi,
I am looking for way to find the missing user defined environment variables in Production when promoting jobs from another instance.

We are facing problems when developers add environment variables, and when admin promote jobs, they are unable to promote as environment variables are not available in target instance or Message handler does not have messages defined.

Is there any comparision of files I can do, or develop queries in UV to see the missing variables.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Pavan Batchu
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

For environment variables you can check the DSParams file in the project directory. For message handles, there is another file that I believe starts with SC_ something something. Cant recall the name. Search for it, Ray mentioned it once.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The file name for a local message handler is Local.msh and it lives in the job's RT_SCnnnn directory (where nnnn is the job number from DS_JOBS). Named message handlers are stored centrally.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.