Order of Operations in a Transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pavan_Yelugula
Premium Member
Premium Member

Order of Operations in a Transformer

Post by Pavan_Yelugula »

Hi All
I understand that the order of Operations in a Transfer will be stage variables followed by constraints followed by expressions.
But Recently i heard that this order can be changed by changing some entries in the Registry... In the sense by tweaking the registry we can make the constraints to execute first followed by stage varaiables and so on...
I couldn't find any information on this...is this true that this can be done...If yes has anyone tried it...

Thanks
Pavan
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Order of Operations in a Transformer

Post by gateleys »

Pavan_Yelugula wrote:Hi All
I understand that the order of Operations in a Transfer will be stage variables followed by constraints followed by expressions.
But Recently i heard that this order can be changed by changing some entries in the Registry... In the sense by tweaking the registry we can make the constraints to execute first followed by stage varaiables and so on...
I couldn't find any information on this...is this true that this can be done...If yes has anyone tried it...

Thanks
Pavan
Why would you want to do that? :roll:

If at all you need to process the derivation expressions before the stage variables, then add a Transformer before the existing transformer and have your column derivations done in the first, followed by stage variable processing in the latter.
gateleys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Order of Operations in a Transformer

Post by chulett »

Pavan_Yelugula wrote:But Recently i heard that this order can be changed by changing some entries in the Registry... In the sense by tweaking the registry we can make the constraints to execute first followed by stage varaiables and so on...
Umm.. no.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Pavan_Yelugula
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Pavan_Yelugula »

Hi All
Thanks for the replies...i don't want to do it..... i just wanted to find out if it can be done...

Thanks
Pavan