DB2 connection error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 connection error

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
I am trying to create a small job. Here my source is a DB2 Enterprise stage. then a transformer and then a sequential file stage. Now when I am trying to connect to db2 by using Import--> ODBC table definitions , I am able to give username and password, it is giving my server name in the seenfrom box. Only thing is when I try to click on DSN it is throwing an error "Empty DSN: list returned from host mercury".
Can anybody help me to resolve this error. I had a client installed on my server. Both my db2 and Datastage are running on the same server.

Thanks
Bhargava
g_rkrish
Participant

Re: DB2 connection error

Post by g_rkrish »

kavuri wrote:Hi,
I am trying to create a small job. Here my source is a DB2 Enterprise stage. then a transformer and then a sequential file stage. Now when I am trying to connect to db2 by using Import--> ODBC table definitions , I am able to give username and password, it is giving my server name in the seenfrom box. Only thing is when I try to click on DSN it is throwing an error "Empty DSN: list returned from host mercury".
Can anybody help me to resolve this error. I had a client installed on my server. Both my db2 and Datastage are running on the same server.

Thanks
Bhargava
did you have your DSN specified in your uvodbc.config of the Project directory...
RK
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
Can u tell me where can I get DSN and as my EE is installed on AIX do I need to edit the "uvodbc.config" on the server itself? Can you explain in some more detail.

Thanks in advance.
Kavuri
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

Can u tell me where can I get DSN and as my EE is installed on AIX do I need to edit the "uvodbc.config" on the server itself? Can you explain in some more detail.

Thanks in advance.
Kavuri
Yes ...i hope you would have defined your .odbc.ini file for the DSN ..Once you do that you got to go to your project directory add a new entry saying

<DSNName>
DBMSTYPE = ODBC
network = TCP/IP
service = (Portname)
host = (hostname)

thnaks,
RK
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
I didn't remember what the DSN Name I setted while installing. Is there any command to see what the DSN Name I setted while installing. If I have not setted that one while installing , Is there any way to give it now.

Thanks in advance.
Kavuri
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
I think I got my DSN Name, which is same as that in the ODBC driver on my client machine. Now I am getting my DSN name while importing metadata. But my problem is I am getting seen from with my default server name and it cannot be modifiable. and anothet thing is while I am connecting to the database I am getting an error "DSR.MetaGeta(GET.TABLES)(SQLConnect('bhi','bhi')): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=IM997,CODE=0,[DataStage][SQL Client]An illegal configuration option was found".

If anybody have a solution please help me.

Thanks
Kavuri
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Post your configuration. Either that or start removing the 'non essential' ones one by one until it works.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

error in importing metadata from db2

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
Even though I am working on EE. My DataStage EE and DB2 are on the same server containing 4 processors. But here I am working with a simple process to import metadata. I am giving the configuration here. Please let me know the problem.

[bhi]
Driver=/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXX/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib/VMdb220
.so
Description=DataDirect 5.00 DB2 Wire Protocol Driver AddStringToCreateTable= AlternateID= Database=bhi DynamicSections=100 GrantAuthid=PUBLIC
GrantExecute=1
IpAddress=hostname
IsolationLevel=CURSOR_STABILITY
LogonID=bhi
Password=xxxxxxx
TcpPort=60000
WithHold=1

Thanks
Kavuri
g_rkrish
Participant

Re: error in importing metadata from db2

Post by g_rkrish »

Even though I am working on EE. My DataStage EE and DB2 are on the same server containing 4 processors. But here I am working with a simple process to import metadata. I am giving the configuration here. Please let me know the problem.

[bhi]
Driver=/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXX/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib/VMdb220
.so
Description=DataDirect 5.00 DB2 Wire Protocol Driver AddStringToCreateTable= AlternateID= Database=bhi DynamicSections=100 GrantAuthid=PUBLIC
GrantExecute=1
IpAddress=hostname
IsolationLevel=CURSOR_STABILITY
LogonID=bhi
Password=xxxxxxx
TcpPort=60000
WithHold=1

Thanks
Kavuri
How you are trying to import your metadata also..have you specified your hostname full IP address...try avoid the username passowrd let it be mepty there....
RK
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

Hi
My server name as host name I had given the same value in IP address field. Let me say my server name is "bhargava" I had given "IpAddress=bhargava". Is there any problem?

I am trying to import metadata from both Manager as well as designer. Anywhere I am unable to get it.

Thanks
Kavuri
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

kavuri wrote:Hi
My server name as host name I had given the same value in IP address field. Let me say my server name is "bhargava" I had given "IpAddress=bhargava". Is there any problem?

I am trying to import metadata from both Manager as well as designer. Anywhere I am unable to get it.

Thanks
Kavuri
here it when you telnet or got your unix box you would see somthing like servername.xxx.net/com...put the whole name and see.......I mean what am saying is are your trying import through plugin or ODBC....
RK
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

I am trying to import through ODBC Table Definitions.

Thanks
Kavuri