division

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fleurlisalu
Participant

division

Post by fleurlisalu »

hi!! I would like that : decimal(10.2)/integer but I have errors at the compilation, I have to test AsFloat (A) /AsFloat (B) and DecimalToDFloat(A)/AsFloat (B) but that does not go, which must I do?
Thanks in advance for your help
Dev_India
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Dev_India »

What is there desired output and what is the data type of the mapped column??
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

Guess decimal/decimal would work. Also depends on what your target data type is. No better way than trial and error in a smaller job to find out.
fleurlisalu
Participant

division

Post by fleurlisalu »

Dev_India wrote:What is there desired output and what is the data type of the mapped column??
Dev_India wrote:What is there desired output and what is the data type of the mapped column??
In output i would like a decimal(10,2)
decimal(10,2)/integer = decimal(10,2) but it's bad the error is :

##W TFCP 000000 14:26:39(002) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0" is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##W TFCP 000025 14:26:39(003) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Possible range limitation.
##W TFCP 000000 14:26:39(004) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Implicit conversion from source type "Int32" to result type "Decimal".
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The latter two are just warnings - alerts, if you prefer.
The first is coming from a composite operator - you need to prevent operator combination to determine which stage is actually generating it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
fleurlisalu
Participant

Post by fleurlisalu »

ray.wurlod wrote:The latter two are just warnings - alerts, if you prefer.
The first is coming from a composite operator - you need to prevent operator combination to determine which stage is actually generating it. ...
i don't know if it's a warning but i can't compil my job and so I don't execute it, i don't know what i must do
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This message (about Data Sets) sometimes happens when the compiler is not properly installed or licensed, or the licensing on the compiler has expired. Can you please check whether either of these situations obtains?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.