to read record from datastage log tables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

s_porkalai
Participant

to read record from datastage log tables

Post by s_porkalai »

My requirement is to get the statisttics of the records like no of records successfully inserted into target and get failed from the datastage log tables
how can i get the data from the datastage log tables[/code]
thanks & Regards
A.S.Porkalai Lakshmi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In an after-job subroutine use DataStage API functions such as DSGetLogSummary(), DSGetNewestLogId() and DSGetLogEntry().
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
s_porkalai
Participant

Post by s_porkalai »

is there any way to get the status(or to read datastage log/status tables) during job run
thanks & Regards
A.S.Porkalai Lakshmi
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

This is one of the jobs included in EtlStats.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

During a job run the job status is always Running. In an after-job subroutine you can interrogate the "interim status" - the status with which the job will finish if the after-job subroutine returns normally.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aakashahuja
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aakashahuja »

Y9u can use the dsjob command to get any info while the job is running. but you will have to use this from out of the job after you start execution. the status as Ray mentioned, will be 'Running', but at least you can loop around the accumulated logs.
L'arrêt essayant d'être parfait… évoluons.