Import multiple table definitions using Orchestrate schema

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Import multiple table definitions using Orchestrate schema

Post by JeroenDmt »

Is it possible to import multiple table definitions using Orchestrate schema definitions?

I want to import a number of tables from Oracle using the Orchestrate import. Is it possible to somehow do this for several times in a row without having to click through all of them?

I know you can show table definitions from the command line using orchdbutil. Is there something like that, that you can use to import them in a project as well?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's one at a time.

You could create a shell script that invoked orchdbutil over and over, but there's nothing "out of the box".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JeroenDmt »

A shell script would be fine, but can I used orchdbutil to import a definition into the datastage project? I only know about "orchdbutil show etc" to show the definition from the command line.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Good point. The script would also need to construct an appropriate record structure and insert the record into DS_METADATA table. Not a task for the faint-hearted or even for the inexperienced!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.