SCD type3 in DS 8.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasad_chennai
Participant

SCD type3 in DS 8.0

Post by prasad_chennai »

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me how to proceed with SCD type 3 in DS 8 parallel with the help of a scenario?? I have seen that there is a current indicator option in scd stage but dont have a clue what to do with it??

Please help.
cetzhbo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: SCD type3 in DS 8.0

Post by cetzhbo »

prasad_chennai wrote:Hi,

Can anyone suggest me how to proceed with SCD type 3 in DS 8 parallel with the help of a scenario?? I have seen that there is a current indicator option in scd stage but dont have a clue what to do with it??

Please help.
I thought current indicator is used for scd type 2, which for latest value is 'Y', else for old value is 'N'. can anyone help to denote how to implement type 3 scd using this new stage type "scd stage"?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

There si a video on how to use the SCD stage over at the LeverageInformation website that might help you. See 7 Even Better Online DataStage Tutorials for details.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

I just attended a dataStage Essentials V8 DX444 class and as per the discussions in the class the current SCD stage can not be used for type 3 dimensions.