Sequential_File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fleurlisalu
Participant

Sequential_File

Post by fleurlisalu »

in ODS, the field is nullable, and when i load in a sequential file,i have a warning in director:

Sequential_File_119: When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "HORAIRE_CONTRAT": Exporting nullable field without null handling properties

i can't modify the field, because it's nullable, thank you for your answer
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sequential files do not have data types. Export is the process of converting data to human-readable format. You need to do this when writing to a sequential file.

Because they have no data types, sequential files don't have a NULL. Therefore you have to tell it how to represent NULL. You do this through the Null Field Value property of each column (since you may want to represent NULL differently for different fields).

Bonne chance!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
velayuthan
Participant

Post by velayuthan »

In the edit column metadata of the sequential file, set the Null field values= %default Values % in the Nullable Properties Panel.

This warining will be elimated.
xch2005
Participant

Post by xch2005 »

Also, for seq. file, input tab - field defaults - null field value can be given as=''

Thanks
xch2005
Participant

Post by xch2005 »

Also, for seq. file, input tab - field defaults - null field value can be given as=''

Thanks
ambasta
Participant

Post by ambasta »

Do the null handling in column meta data ..it will remove the warning
ambasta