Configuration file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MyWeb
Participant

Configuration file

Post by MyWeb »

How to setup or identify or make: resource disk and scratch disk in SMP on Suse Linux enterprise server 9 as I need to put that in configuration file? Please help as I am trying to make a configuration file. :)
JeroenDmt
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Configuration file

Post by JeroenDmt »

MyWeb wrote:How to setup or identify or make: resource disk and scratch disk in SMP on Suse Linux enterprise server 9 as I need to put that in configuration file? Please help as I am trying to make a configuration file. :)
What do you want to make? In the config file you need to say which directories will be used for those purposes.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You "make" them using ordinary mkdir command. You use the configuration file to tell DataStage where they are. Make sure you have plenty of disk space. More than one resource disk and more than one scratch disk per node can be beneficial in alleviating bottlenecks in the I/O subsystem, particularly if your storage is not in a SAN.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ssbhas
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ssbhas »

Best thing is to read the "Configuration File" Chapter in documentaion. You will get a clear picture of what configuration file is.