DataStage 8 to SQL server 2005 error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fkana
Participant

DataStage 8 to SQL server 2005 error

Post by fkana »

Hi,

I hope someone out there knows what the following error means:

main_program: Fatal Error: Non-positive length [persistence\archive.C:2427]

We get this error when we load 4 -12 million records into a table. It loads up to a certain point everytime and aborts with the above error. More or less on 10 million records everytime. We get the same error whether we use a SQL Server Enterprise or ODBC Enterprise stage(s).

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Faeez
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A search on 'Non-positive length' turned up zero hits, so no-one has posted about it before. To me, that looks like the kind of error that only the vendor would be able to track down. I'd suggest you contact your official Support provider and let us know what comes of it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is the average length of a record - could this error be happening on some typical power-of-two boundary? It probably won't solve it, but will help support get a handle on the cause.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The other possibility is some kind of arithmetic overflow, for example if DataStage were counting the number of bytes transmitted or something. Certainly not something we mere mortals could affect!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.