parameters setting

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

parameters setting

Post by kavuri »

Hi experts,
I would like to desig a job which needs to take run time parameters. Can anybody give me a hint at what stage in designing I need to set the options.
for example suppose if I am reading DB2 files from DB2 server and I am having various tables need to be converted into text files through some modify stage or transformer stage. Here while designing where should I define run time variables. Can anybody give me some hints.

Thanks
Kavuri
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You should be designing your parameters well before you take up any ETL tool.
In DataStage I recommend adding the job parameters as early as possible in the job design process - maybe even before the first save, if there aren't too many of them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sachin1
Participant

Post by sachin1 »

and these parameters what ray has said can be set values through DSSetParam.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Go to the job properties, go to the job parameter's tab. You can define the job parameters there. In order to use the job parameters you need to enclose the job parameters with hashes within the stages, except the transformer stage, where you will use the job parameters as is without hashes.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.