Join Stage behaving goofy

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How are the data (a) partitioned and (b) sorted on the inputs to the join stage? Have you made sure, in input link execution order, that the stream input is marked as Left? What style of join are you implementing?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

Thanks Ray for your quick responce,

Both the source links are partitioned on KEY and sorted on same before joining. The join type is left outter join ( ABC is Left).
Link execution order ABC is 1st and DEF is second.

Thanks
Suresh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Good. Now check the Mapping tab (on the Output link) to see from which input each of the output columns is derived. Remember that any column derived from the Right input must be nullable, because a left outer join can return NULL from the Right input.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

Yes, in my mapping all the columns mapped to the output from right link are nullable.
I'm not getting why my join is behaving goofy.

Thanks
Suresh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And I, blindfolded as it were (I can't see your job) am trying to undertake a systematic diagnostic process. Apart from rushing to post on DSXchange, what diagnostic measures have you taken?
:x