CDC Stage standards

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

CDC Stage standards

Post by snt_ds »

Hi,

I want to know regarding the CDC stage.
I have to 2 source links and a target link.
Source1 : 30 columns.
Source2 : 10 columns.
Target : 10 columns.

10 columns and their metadata are same in 3 links (sourece1,source2 and target).

My jobs are running fine but as per the CDC standard's do we need to have Source1 and Source2 should be same.

Thanks
Suresh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can limit the comparison columns to just those ten, and all should be OK.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

Thanks Ray,

The job was developed by someone and I'm doing the code review. I have to promote this job to PROD.

In other CDC stages we are using only the comparison columns. I found we are using different columns in one CDC.

My question is can we have other columns apart from comparison columns in CDC?

I have gone through the DS documentation and never found that we should use only comparison columns in CDC.

Thanks in Advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why didn't you ask that question the first time?

This is where choice of stage type comes into the picture. Compare, Difference or Change Data Capture. Read about how each works, which will guide you to the answer to your question. The good news is that at least one of these stage types allows you to pass through column(s) not used in the comparison.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.