Db2 data load

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Db2 data load

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
here I am having 6 boxes and each box contains 8 processors. My DB2 data is distributed among these boxes. I have to extract the data from DB2 tables and do some transformations and load back into same boxes in text format.
My question here is do I need any plug-in to extract the data from DB2 database or do I have a built in stage in Datastage EE or server edition.
Please help me with details.
Thanks in advance.

Kavuri
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

Welcome Aboard :lol:

You may use DataStage DB2 Stage pluging as you called it to accomplish your task.

Also I encourage you to read the DataStage Manual (The PDF that comes with your product)

Bryceson
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

Hi Bryceson,
I am studying a lot I am unable to decide what to use may be I know the things on practice. Thanks for your suggestion. Here I found a link "http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/l ... index.html" . Can you please tell me this gives me a correct solution.

Thanks in advance

Kavuri
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

You need to put together a DataStage job to extract data from your DB2 Database then ask if you're having problems.

I don't think you have provided enough info to get help here.

Bryceson