How to run a parallel job on pc( windows xp)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MyWeb
Participant

How to run a parallel job on pc( windows xp)

Post by MyWeb »

Any crack available to run parallel job to not setup server on linux something to do on windows server ? pls help.

I thought this was the one but did not help:

Read this is this correct:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forum ... 5#13942574

These are the content on the IBM site:

Re: How to run a parallel job on pc( windows xp) - help needed
Originally posted: 2007 April 14 08:27 PM
Craig Hulett
Post new reply

7.5x2 is the first version before 8 was released that would run Parallel jobs on Windows. So yes, it will run them.

However - no, that doesn't mean Windows XP. While you may be able to get it to 'work', that is not a supported platform for ANY version of DataStage Server. While you can certainly install the client there, officially supported platforms for the Server are Windows 2000 (SP4+/Professional, Server, Advanced Server) and Windows 2003 Server.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? That's my reply to your rather short list of questions over there:

Can DataStage 7.5x2 be installed on windows XP?
Can DataStage 7.5x2 run parallel jobs?

Besides the fact that no-one here will help you 'crack' anything, you'll need to do a better job of explaining what you need. This:

"Any crack available to run parallel job to not setup server on linux something to do on windows server ?"

Doesn't really make any sense. Where do you currently have DataStage installed - on a Linux server? Or are you asking if you can install/run DataStage under Windows? If the latter, then the answer is (as I've already said) a qualified 'yes' if you have either the 7.5x2 or 8.x versions of DataStage - keeping in mind the fact that Windows XP is not a supported flavor of Windows.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:!: Even inciting to crime is a criminal offence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.