Warning - Sort Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devidotcom
Participant

Warning - Sort Stage

Post by devidotcom »

I have observed that in most of my parallel jobs which uses a sort stage I get this kind of warning mentioned below.
Could any one please elobrate and tell me why I get this warning.

Here in this sort stage 'Sort_Brck_Mrtr_Str_I' has the partitioning done on the column BRCK_MRTR_STR_I. I perform a hash partitioning on this key in the sort stage.

Sort_Brck_Mrtr_Str_I: When checking operator: Operator of type "APT_TSortOperator": will partition despite the
preserve-partitioning flag on the data set on input port 0.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post how this issue was resolved, to aid future searchers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prashkvrk
Participant

Re: Warning - Sort Stage

Post by prashkvrk »

In the sort stage, you are specifying the hash key and the partioning mode. But in the stage prior to the sort stage you must clear the partioning mode. The sorting and partioning mode prior to the sort stage is different and since you are changing it , you will be getting this warning.

so in order to avoid this warning try this:
in the stage prior to sort stage , go to stage tab and in that go to advanced tab, thr u will find the option of giving the partioning mode. give clear. so the partition will get cleared and you can avoid this warning.

Jus try this one !