MS SQL Server DSN set up

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

g_rkrish
Participant

MS SQL Server DSN set up

Post by g_rkrish »

hi ,

I am rtying to set up a dsn for the MS sql Server that in a different box from the DS box.What i have done is i have create a new ODBC set up on the odbc.ini files also i did updata the uvodbc.config file.afetr that i restared the engine.But the new DSN did not appear.So is any thing else i need to do for setting up..Pls help me out
RK
thuan
Participant

uvodbc.config

Post by thuan »

You also need to add the entries in uvodbc.config in the project directory.
g_rkrish
Participant

Re: uvodbc.config

Post by g_rkrish »

thuan wrote:You also need to add the entries in uvodbc.config in the project directory.
As I said earlier i did add an entry there......
RK
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Did you add the entry in the uvodbc.config file in the project directory?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

DSguru2B wrote:Did you add the entry in the uvodbc.config file in the project directory?
Yest i did....The DSN created for DB2 is working but for the SQL server is throwing up the error
RK
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

g_rkrish wrote:
DSguru2B wrote:Did you add the entry in the uvodbc.config file in the project directory?
Yest i did....The DSN created for DB2 is working but for the SQL server is throwing up the error
there was some problem with the connection ..I fixed it works fine thaks for the help.......
RK