Writing into seq file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Column Generator stage, cycle with only the one value '-'.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RakshaPai
Participant

Post by RakshaPai »

i have used a transformer and for ADASH field, i have given teh derivation as '-'. is this any diffrent from what i want or do i need to use the column generator specifically?
RakshaPai
Participant

Post by RakshaPai »

when i am trying to pull data from the sql server i am getin this following error....

SQL2SEQFile2..SQLServerSource_ICMS_1: SQLFetch: Error retrieving results from server.
SQL2SEQFile2..SQLServerSource_ICMS_1: [DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation

what dies this imply and what do i do :(
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It would seem that one (or more) of the SQL server columns are bigger than what you have defined in your job. Can you remove columns one-by-one to see which one it is complaining about and list the definition that the database has?
RakshaPai
Participant

Post by RakshaPai »

oh.. ok il do that :)
RakshaPai
Participant

Post by RakshaPai »

@ArndW

Thanks ! the error is resolved.

my job is selecting 1000 rows and writing 1000 in the sequential file. i cannt physically view the file as it is on the server.... when do VIEW DATA from the sequential file....i can see only the alternate rows... i.e 1,3,5 etc from the slection though the link is howing 1000 ...
can anyone plese tell em wht this is happening? why cant i view all the rows since all of them are written to the file?
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Make sure that - when you do a view data from the Sequential File stage, set the Skip Count to 0 (zero) and Period to 1 (one), in the pop up box.

The maximum rows that you can view from here is 9999.
RakshaPai wrote:@ArndW

i can see only the alternate rows... i.e 1,3,5 etc from the slection though the link is howing 1000 ...
RakshaPai
Participant

Post by RakshaPai »

ya i have set skipcount to 0 and period to 1. it is stil showing alternate rows...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you using a 2-node configuration? Are you doing any re-partitioning?
RakshaPai
Participant

Post by RakshaPai »

no... nothing of that sort.. and no partitioning...

can the following declaration be causing the prob??

in my source i have declared

t_proj_am decimal 19 scale 4 mapped using tranaformer to AMT decimal 11
t_po_am decimal 19 scale 4 mapped using tranaformer to A_AMT decimal 13 scale 2
t_cmt_ytd decimal 19 scale 4 mapped using tranaformer to B_AMT decimal 13 scale 2
t_spnd_ytd decimal 19 scale 4 mapped using tranaformer to C_AMT decimal 13 scale 2

my ouput files needs to be in a specific format so i cannot change the declaration of AMT , A_AMT , B._AMT ,C_AMT ....if i chane teh source definition to be the same as destination file, the data is truncated... :(
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

View Data will get rows from the first partition first. That's why you're seeing only odd-numbered rows. If you were to scroll down far enough (and select enough rows to read) you will find the even-numbered rows.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.