does Datastage Handle ascii extended chars

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

muascdev
Charter Member
Charter Member

does Datastage Handle ascii extended chars

Post by muascdev »

we are receiving international data, and i want to know if dataset handles it or not, if yes what do we need to do so DS handles it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage handles every character that can be encountered in business data processing in all known data sets.

Without knowing precisely what you mean by "ASCII extended" it's not really possible to indicate whether there's anything you need to do or not.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rafik2k
Participant

Post by rafik2k »

Code: Select all

we are receiving international data
Is there any spceail charachter set you are receiving?

You need to check for your project's NLS map and collation locale setting.

If you get any error due to unhandling of special character while running job, then you need to set appropriate setting for your project to handle these chars.

You can set NLS map at project level, at job level and also at stage level(not all stage support it)
vijayrc
Participant

Post by vijayrc »

rafik2k wrote:

Code: Select all

we are receiving international data
Is there any spceail charachter set you are receiving?

You need to check for your project's NLS map and collation locale setting.

If you get any error due to unhandling of special character while running job, then you need to set appropriate setting for your project to handle these chars.

You can set NLS map at project level, at job level and also at stage level(not all stage support it)
We have few special characters coming in, and changing IBM500 to IBM700 in administarator for one of the Options did the trick..Dont remember, as I am not connected, but give a try or I'll post it later