Problem passing parameters to STPPX stage in shared containe

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hkiamzon
Participant

Problem passing parameters to STPPX stage in shared containe

Post by hkiamzon »

Hi all. I am using an STPPX stage within a shared container and I'm having problems passing parameters to this stage from the properties tab in the shared container. In the STPPX, I've parameterized the db credentials, name and source. When I run my job I get the following warning and fatal error.

StoreKeyingTrendChangeC35.New_Pod_Id,0: Error: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
StoreKeyingTrendChangeC35.New_Pod_Id,0: Error occurred in call to ORPHCallActivePluginInitialize().

Interesting, if I hard-code the parameter values into the properties tab in the shared container, the job works fine.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thank you. Hans
vijayrc
Participant

Re: Problem passing parameters to STPPX stage in shared cont

Post by vijayrc »

hkiamzon wrote:Hi all. I am using an STPPX stage within a shared container and I'm having problems passing parameters to this stage from the properties tab in the shared container. In the STPPX, I've parameterized the db credentials, name and source. When I run my job I get the following warning and fatal error.

StoreKeyingTrendChangeC35.New_Pod_Id,0: Error: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
StoreKeyingTrendChangeC35.New_Pod_Id,0: Error occurred in call to ORPHCallActivePluginInitialize().

Interesting, if I hard-code the parameter values into the properties tab in the shared container, the job works fine.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thank you. Hans
You can define Job Parameters like #DBSYSTEM#; #USERID# and #PASSWORD# for the Database Environment [Prod,Test etc], Userid and Password..in the Administrator and keyin the values there. This way, when you move the job from one environment to another [say test to prod], everything is taken care of, as in the prod environment, administrator would hold values for Production dbsystem,userid,password while in the test environment, adminstrator option would hold values for test dbsystem,userid,password...
hope this helps