Transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pp
Participant

Transformer

Post by pp »

I have a job where RCP is enabled thereby all columns are propagated dynamically. The column names change depending upon the data.
How can I specify a condition in the transformer by not explicitly specifying the column name that is has to operate on?

Can we specify an input column as a stage variable and then use it in the transformer?
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

PP, what exactly are you trying to achieve here? please be more clear.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
pp
Participant

Post by pp »

I want to be able to use a particular field in a condition within a transformer without hardcoding the field name in the transformer.
How can I achieve this?

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

pp - as far as I know this cannot be done, i.e. column names need to be used instead of positions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I do know. It can not be done.

RCP is only ever about pass-through columns. Anything you want to derive or constrained must be named explicitly.

You might contemplate building the constraint expression as or containing a job parameter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.