Compile error in transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nynali
Participant

Compile error in transformer

Post by nynali »

"/data/ds/cl/int/projectlibs/dpr_cl_int/RT_BP1217.O/V97S5_djpCladdIntglogscope_nosplit_Scp_ind_stage.C", line 3258.36: 1540-0872 (S) A string literal cannot be longer than 32765 characters.

Please help me with the above compilation error.
nynali
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Make the name of your stages shorter.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
nynali
Participant

Post by nynali »

DSguru2B wrote:Make the name of your stages shorter.

I have made the the stage names shorter but I am still getting the same error , only change is the line number.

"/data/ds/cl/int/projectlibs/dpr_cl_int/RT_BP1217.O/V97S5_djpCladdIntglogscope_nosplit_trxx.C", line 541.36: 1540-0872 (S) A string literal cannot be longer than 32765 characters.
nynali
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Also try to make your job name small. Dont forget smaller link names. Try to split the job into two jobs. Try to play around with these.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It could be a missing quote character - 32KB is a heck of a long string literal - maybe the compiler is still searching for the closing quote. I'd be prepared to bet that your entire code is less than 32KB in size!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nynali
Participant

Post by nynali »

I have around 3800 columns as input to the transformer.So please let me know if this is causing a problem and if it is the case please let me know how to handle this??

ray.wurlod wrote:It could be a missing quote character - 32KB is a heck of a long string literal - maybe the compiler is still searching for the closing quote. I'd be prepared to bet that your entire code is less tha ...
nynali
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Well, that might be the problem. Test it out. Cut it into half and see if the job compiles. If to no avail, cut it into half again.
nynali
Participant

Post by nynali »

Hi Dsguru,
Is there any way to increase the string literal value more than 32765??
DSguru2B wrote:Well, that might be the problem. Test it out. Cut it into half and see if the job compiles. If to no avail, cut it into half again.
nynali
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Well, lets try to confirm, that really is the issue here. Split the columns into half and see if the job compiles. As Ray said, it could be a missing quote, which is something totally different. So lets try to cross out as many items as we can here.
nynali
Participant

Post by nynali »

I was able to compile the job by splitting into 1000 columns each but when I try with 1500 or so it again fails.So I shortened my Column Names and the job went fine.
So is there any method to increase the 32765 limit??

DSguru2B wrote:Well, lets try to confirm, that really is the issue here. Split the columns into half and see if the job compiles. As Ray said, it could be a missing quote, which is something totally different. So lets try to cross out as many items as we can here.
nynali
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

nynali - what platform are you on and which compiler are you using? Once you get that information find the relevant manual or web page and see if the compiler will allow that 32Kb value to be raised. I doubt it can be. You've seen that by shortening elements of the job such as name, stagenames, linknames and columnames you can postpone reaching this limit.
nynali
Participant

Post by nynali »

Hmm.. Thanks ArndW..I will take that suggestion.Will look into that and let you know if anything fruitful comes out.
ArndW wrote:nynali - what platform are you on and which compiler are you using? Once you get that information find the relevant manual or web page and see if the compiler will allow that 32Kb value to be raised. I doubt it can be. You've seen that by shortening elements of the job such as name, stagenames, linknames and columnames you can postpone reaching this limit.
nynali