Value passed to a job parameter in the latest run

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vigneshra
Participant

Value passed to a job parameter in the latest run

Post by vigneshra »

Hello,

We are developing a shell script in our project to capture the latest value for a job parameter. We tried the command dsjob -paraminfo but it just returns the default value set in parameters section. How to find the latest value of a parameter through dsjob or any other shell commands? Your help is appreciated. Thanks.
Vignesh.

"A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking."
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You need to parse the value out of the very first entry of the log.
Before you run the job, get the event id by the "-lognewest" option. At the end of the job, get the "logdetail" for that particular (event Id + 1). This will be the very first entry of your run which will contain all the parameter values. Then using your scripting skills you can parse out the values.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

From the command line, I don't believe you can get to that value directly. I believe you'll need to parse that from the 'Starting' log message of the most recent job log entries. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vigneshra
Participant

Post by vigneshra »

Ouch.......
I thought it would be just a simple command that would return the needed. Anyways, thanks a bunch to you.
Vignesh.

"A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking."