problem with decode stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ramesh_c
Participant

problem with decode stage

Post by ramesh_c »

Hi All,

I am new to data stage. I had a requirement where i want to decrypt the encrypted file and i am trying to do this using decode stage . In the decode properties in the command line i used the fallowing command
'find -L /export/home/tdaccess -name '*' -print | decompx /export/home/test6'
it is giving the fallowing error 'Decode_3: The decode operator is being used on a non-encoded data set'
I saw the data by looking through the error by using view data .But it is in the encrypted form only.
Can any one help me in solving this .

Thanks in Advance ,

Thanks,
Ramesh.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:idea: Encrypted <> Encoded
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ramesh_c
Participant

Post by ramesh_c »

I need to decrypt the information which is encrypted .can i do that using decode stage?.If no then is there any stage by which i can do that .

Thanks,
Ramesh.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Build stage. You need to write your own decryption code. If there is a command line decryption utility you could use an External Filter stage.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ramesh_c
Participant

Post by ramesh_c »

Thanks Ray
Then when we need to use the Decode stage. It can be better for me to understand if you can provide the example.

Thanks,
Ramesh.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why not take a peek at the Encode Stage and Decode Stage chapters in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide pdf?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Loosely, encode = zip (compress), decode = unzip (uncompress).

The Decode stage probably could be used with a command line decryption tool, but decryption is not built in to the stage - I needed to make that clear.
ramesh_c
Participant

Post by ramesh_c »

can you please explain how this can be implemented by using the build stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You write your own encryption/decryption code and put it on the Code tab of the Build stage.