Unable to run job --2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sudhakar_viswa
Participant

Unable to run job --2

Post by sudhakar_viswa »

Hi,

I am getting the follwoing error in Parallel edition.

unable to run job --2

The above fatal error is occuring in Transformer (both Transformer and basic Transformer).

Thanks,
-- sudhakar
i need to know datastage
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not enough information.

For example, how can you assert that "The above fatal error is occuring in Transformer (both Transformer and basic Transformer)."? What proof do you have of this? What other error/warning messages were there that you have elected not to post?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sudhakar_viswa
Participant

Post by sudhakar_viswa »

Hi Ray,

In logs it is showing as it is occuring in transformer.

Thanks,
-- sudhakar
i need to know datastage
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Post the full errors you are getting.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We can not see your job logs. Right now your question is in the "my car won't start, what's wrong with it?" category.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Hesubo
Charter Member
Charter Member

Getting same error message

Post by Hesubo »

I was getting the same uninformative error message in our job tonight:

"ODBCTORURLOGSUM, 0:Unable to run job --2"

The ODBCTORURLOGSUM refers to the name of a container stage that includes an ODBC stage used to update data in a SQL server table. We are using the container stage to incorporate the Server ODBC stage because an ODBC connecion was not available in Px.

After additional research it appears the root cause of this failure was that this job had failed with other errors earlier tonight and left a phantom process running. After killing that phantom process, recompiling the job ( I don't really lthink the recompile was necessary) and resubmitting the job it ran to successful completion.

Not sure if that help resolve your error or not, but thought I would offer our experience.