Compile a Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Umbix62
Participant

Compile a Job

Post by Umbix62 »

Hi

I usually design a Datastage PX or Server Job and I'd know what's happened when I compile my job.

For example when I generate i Job Mainframe i Know that the system produces a COBOL source program to transfer to mainframe for its compilation. How DataStage works when I compile a Px or Server Job. I think it generates a c++ programm to compile on the server system. If this is true may i get a look to the source generated?

Thank you very much

Umberto
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Parallle jobs generate osh script which can be viewed in the job properties window, Generated OSH tab. If the job contains a Transformer or Build stage there may also be C++ generated; this can not be viewed on the client; it is stored on the server in a subdirectory called RT_SCnnnn where nnnn is the job number.

Server jobs are not code generators apart from Transformer stages. Once again the generated code can only be viewed on the server in a subdirectory called RT_BPnnnn.

You can not successfully edit the generated code; as soon as you re-compile the job the code is re-generated.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Umbix62
Participant

Post by Umbix62 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Parallle jobs generate osh script which can be viewed in the job properties window, Generated OSH tab. If the job contains a Transformer or Build stage there may also be C++ generated; this can not b ...
I can't read other....Anyway I have not the Generated OSH tab in Job properties window. I only have General, Parameters, Job Control, Dependecies, Execution and Default tab.......
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

View Generated OSH must be enabled in Administrator.

<color=blood>Premium membership costs only a few cents per day, and is 100% devoted to the bandwidth costs of DSXchange. So if you want to see this site continue, please sign up. And you get to read all of the premium posters' posts.</color>
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.