Data transfer Indication : Colour in links and transfer rate

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sur_ds
Participant

Data transfer Indication : Colour in links and transfer rate

Post by sur_ds »

We have installed Datastage EE on a WINDOWS 2003 machine with a single CPU. Whenever a parallel job is run , and is successfully completed , the colour of the links donot turn to GREEN and the transfer rate is displayed as (0 rows/sec , 0 rows ). Hence, by seeing the log and data of the output stage we confirm correct output.
Akumar1
Participant

Re: Data transfer Indication : Colour in links and transfer

Post by Akumar1 »

Hi,
U can custamize link colour in datastage designer >option itself and u can confirm whether d execution is successful or not..

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please write in English. U is one our co-participants here and, while it is true that U can customize link colours, I am sure that is not what you meant.
:roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Data transfer Indication : Colour in links and transfer

Post by ray.wurlod »

sur_ds wrote:We have installed Datastage EE on a WINDOWS 2003 machine with a single CPU. Whenever a parallel job is run , and is successfully completed , the colour of the links donot turn to GREEN and the transfer rate is displayed as (0 rows/sec , 0 rows ). Hence, by seeing the log and data of the output stage we confirm correct output.
My guess is that your job monitor application (a Java application called JobMonApp) is not running.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sur_ds
Participant

Post by sur_ds »

Hi,
Pls do explain me in detail and also provide the complete navigation path if a property has to be set.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Search the forum for JobMonApp - been discussed here quite a number of times before.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sur_ds
Participant

Post by sur_ds »

Hi,
i have read a few posts on JobMonApp. As we have installed Datastage EE on Windows 2003 server , pls help me out with the following.

1) How do i know that the ports of the jon monitor (13400,13401) are not being used by any application ?

2) As the file JobMonPorts has the entries for ports (13400,13401) , how do i start the JobMonApp process ? This is because i can see the JobMonLog that is present and shows me a previous date (around one month ago), when it used to run . During that time, we could view the performance statistics .
sur_ds
Participant

Post by sur_ds »

Hi,
The issue is resolved . I did log into administrator and changed all the environment variables to FALSE except APT_PERFORMANCE_DATA , because i did not know what the actual value of variables will be. After that , the links are changing their colour and i do also obtain the performance statistics.