Performance statistics Not Shown

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajmore
Participant

Performance statistics Not Shown

Post by ajmore »

Hi :) ,

I am facing a issue related to performance statistics,when i am running a job for ex. preparing a Dataset from a DB2 data base table it is loading the data from the table to dataset but the performance statistics are not shown for the particular job,even when i try to monitor that job via Director it shows all stages(DB2,copy.) in Ready state but doesn't change from ready to running to finish even if the job is finished.. :shock:

Can anyone please help me in this issue...

Thanks..
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

If it is a multi instance job then you don't get stats on the links. Just 0 row / 0 rows per sec. And for the copy stage set the property force to true. Only then you get the record count on the output links.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I had this very issue in a training class this week. Six identically configured clients (allegedly) - four could get row counts, two could not. Connecting to the same server (though to different projects). As far as I could determine (hurriedly) there was nothing in the projects to cause the different behaviours.

Set the APT_ROW_COUNTS environment variable to True, at least you will get the row counts in the job log.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ajmore
Participant

Post by ajmore »

Hi ,

I think this is the probable solution.. :x the APT_NO_JOBMON parameter was disabled thus the job was not showing the performance statistics.

Regarding APT_Monitor_Mintime,APT_Monitor_Size,APT_Monitor_Time parameters should these values be set as default or did we require to change them..

Please specify..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I disagree. First, none of my six machines had different environment variable settings. Second, APT_NO_JOBMON is a "double negative" - disabled means the job monitoring is enabled. The APT_MONITOR... environment variables affect only when monitoring happens, not whether monitoring happens. In any case, where it's working properly statistics should be available after the job finishes, and this was not the case on the machines exhibiting the behaviour.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.