Warning Problems in Join,Merge and Lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Warning Problems in Join,Merge and Lookup

Post by kondeti »

Hi All

I am getting the below warnings when i use Join,Merge and LookUp stages. From DataStage director we can supress these warning but i want to do the same in the job. Please guide me on this.

These are the warnings:

JOIN: When checking operator: Dropping component "MATERIAL_DOC_YEAR" because of a prior component with the same name

Merge_Customer: When checking operator: Dropping component "MSGFN" because of a prior component with the same name.

Lkp_Customer_Sales_Data: When checking operator: On output data set 0: Dropping component "MSGFN" because of a prior component with the same name.

Regards
Kondeti
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Try to get rid of the warnings instead of demoting it. Search on the error message on the "How to".
As for message handling, you can only do it from the director. No method, that I know of, can demote the warning message within a job, other than in a modify stage using NOWARN, but thats for modify stage operators.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

Try switching off the RCP in the join stage and run the job. This might help remove the warnings in join. Can try the same thing with the Lookup stage.
kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kondeti »

Thank you
dsedi
Participant

Post by dsedi »

This warning is due to the same column name on Join/lookup.
Check the field names on the links to the JOin/Lookup and renaming the names will get rid of the warning.

Regards,Edi
kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kondeti »

I didn't enable the RCP in the join Stage.