APT_TeraSync: connecting to Teradata ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hamzaqk
Participant

APT_TeraSync: connecting to Teradata ?

Post by hamzaqk »

I am attempting to both read and load to the same view of a table within a DataStage job, using Multiload and getting an error which DataStage gives as "APT_TeraSync: could not create operator sync table".

any ideas ?
Trinity
Participant

Re: APT_TeraSync: connecting to Teradata ?

Post by Trinity »

hamzaqk wrote:I am attempting to both read and load to the same view of a table within a DataStage job, using Multiload and getting an error which DataStage gives as "APT_TeraSync: could not create operator sync table".

any ideas ?
Hi there,

while doing multiload datastage try to create temp tables , so if you have given DB_OPTION = "Database name" and the user dosen't have access to create the tables in that database , it will give you terasync error.

so you can try giving a databse name in which you have access or maybe use API stage if you donn have much huge no of records.

Trinity
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

try running the generated multiload script from os prompt, does it run successfully??

from the error message it i guess, you are using Teradata enterprise stage, not multiload stage..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that you have privileges to create the table in the temporary workspace (or wherever else you may have specified).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arjun_004
Participant

Teradata Enterprise Error while Inserting the rows in Target

Post by arjun_004 »

For all insert jobs, the Teradata Enterprise stage needs "Create table" rights to the database where the target table is present. This is because it creates intermediate work tables to load the data and currently we do not have the "create table" rights to the target DB. Is there any parameter that exists which can point to a different database for creating work tables in Teradata Enterprise stage?

Kindly Provide your suggestion.
Thanks & Regards
Arjun Kumar
arjun_004
Participant

Re: APT_TeraSync: connecting to Teradata ?

Post by arjun_004 »

For all insert jobs, the Teradata Enterprise stage needs "Create table" rights to the database where the target table is present. This is because it creates intermediate work tables to load the data and currently we do not have the "create table" rights to the target DB. Is there any parameter that exists which can point to a different database for creating work tables in Teradata Enterprise stage?[

quote="Trinity"]
hamzaqk wrote:I am attempting to both read and load to the same view of a table within a DataStage job, using Multiload and getting an error which DataStage gives as "APT_TeraSync: could not create operator sync table".

any ideas ?
Hi there,

while doing multiload datastage try to create temp tables , so if you have given DB_OPTION = "Database name" and the user dosen't have access to create the tables in that database , it will give you terasync error.

so you can try giving a databse name in which you have access or maybe use API stage if you donn have much huge no of records.

Trinity[/quote]
Thanks & Regards
Arjun Kumar