Re-Running Installation for Information Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

whenry6000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re-Running Installation for Information Server

Post by whenry6000 »

I recently took over administration of an Information Server installation that someone else performed. Apparently, for some reason, Information Analyzer did not get installed (this is on a Sun UNIX server). I now have to install Information Analyzer, but I'm trying to avoid re-installing or overwriting the other components that I already have installed and configured.
If I have to install Information Analyzer, can I do it without having to do everything all over again?? Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I believe the answer is yes, but can not advise on how. Get your support provider to answer the "how" question.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
memrinal
Participant

Post by memrinal »

With the new architecture in place, Metedata Repository has to be set up, which also needs DB (DB2/Oracle/SQL Server). Plan for these components also.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Surely that would already be in place, for Information Server to use?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You can run the install program again without fear as it will just take you into the menus.
The first install screen gives you five options: client, server, domain, repository and documentation. For Information Analyzer you should choose client, server and domain but not repository. This should take you to a menu where you can select products.