Teradata Stages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_j
Participant

Teradata Stages

Post by kumar_j »

Hi Gurus,
.I want to access and load teradata data by using the Data stage job, so please suggest Which stages are preferable in terms of performance point of view.

I think Teradata Enterprise and Multi load stages are available in parallel jobs.Is there any other stages (like plug-in's) to access teradata

Is Teradata API Works on parallel job?
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Teradata Stages

Post by sud »

Teradata enterprise stage
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Teradata Enterprise Stage is the best performance providing you set sessiosperrequest and requestsperplayer options properly.....there is a strategy on this....it runs in parallel....

Multiload is a sequential operation and not parallel....Its there but not a good option.....in my opinion....
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

Multiload allows you to load upto 5 populated tables at the same time.... as its a Teradata API it self so it is based on a pararell architecture.

use fastload for empty tables only
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Actually, FastLoad in DataStage can make a call through the API to append new rows to tables that already contain rows.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.