Does the SetDSParamsFromFile exist for DSEE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

timsmith_s
Participant

Does the SetDSParamsFromFile exist for DSEE

Post by timsmith_s »

The SetDSParamsFromFile routine doesnt appear in the dropdown of available before-job/after-job subroutines - can it still be used for DSEE jobs? If so, what am I missing? THX!
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Can you see that custom before/after job subroutine in server jobs? Does the routine exist?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
timsmith_s
Participant

Post by timsmith_s »

No, it doesnt appear in the dropdown list.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You did not answer my second question. This routine does not get shipped with the product and hence must be a user defined routine. This routine must be present for it to show up in the drop down. Check your routine repository.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It may also be the case that this routine was written as a transform function (so that it can be called from a job sequence's Routine activity) rather than a before/after subroutine. In that case it will never appear on the drop-down list of before/after subroutines.

It may also be the case that it has not been successfully compiled, which is also a prerequisite for appearing on the list.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
timsmith_s
Participant

Post by timsmith_s »

Sorry for not answering your 2nd question, my bad. If its not shipped with the product, why does Ascential make mention of it as a method for parsing parameters? Is this a public domain routine?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Where exactly does "Ascential make mention of it"? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
timsmith_s
Participant

Post by timsmith_s »

Its in their "Advanced DataStage" course material - under job design
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, apparently a routine provided by the class. Did they provide you with a CDROM when you took the class? I'd look there...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
timsmith_s
Participant

Post by timsmith_s »

Not it was not on the CDROM, first place I checked - moving on with a different approach.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Assuming you're referring to class DX436, can you please give the page number (and whether it's in the notes or the lab manual)? I'll try to track it down.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Topic has been marked as a "WORKAROUND". What is the workaround? I couldn't see any.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
timsmith_s
Participant

Post by timsmith_s »

The fuction was specified in the Appendix of the Advanced course - course manual (not the lab manual)