Oracle Load Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Load Problem

Post by kashif007 »

I have developed a job to load the data to a Oracle database using oracle enterprise stage. Now at the end of the load if there are any rejects in the load process I have used a copy stage from the oracle enterprise stage to capture the rejects into a sequential file. The load is working fine, but the Reject copy stage and sequential stage doesn't work. I get the following error.

RejectFile: Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "CLM_KEY"

I have 17 fatal errors like this representing all 17 columns as output to reject.

The copy stage works as a reference(dotted) link from the output of the oracle enterprise stage but not a streaming link. This might be the reason it is not able to find the rejects even though all the column do exist. Can any one suggest me how do I capture the rejects from oracle enterprise stage or fix the problem I have. Please help.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif Khan
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

Why do you need "Copy stage"? I have never used it. I have sussessfuly loaded rejected records either to Oracle table or to a file.
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Oracle Load Problem

Post by sud »

In all probability you forgot to do the column mapping in the copy stage.

Go into the copy stage and go to Output --> Mapping and map the columns. After that it should be fine. Also, ivannavi is correct, you can directly link the reject link to the database stage.
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kashif007 »

Thanks for the suggestions.
Actually I was missing one column in the input file because of which all the others were not able to map accordingly. Copy stage works fine now. But I have another problem now. I get the followuing message and its a fatal error after this messgae.......

main_program: An NLS map <ISO-8859-1> is specified, but NLS_LANG is not set. The NLS map must be set to an ICU codepage which is equivalent to the character set specified by NLS_LANG

What has an ICU codepage to do with Oracle Load.
Does anyone know??
Regards
Kashif Khan
kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kashif007 »

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this error

main_program: An NLS map <ISO-8859-1> is specified, but NLS_LANG is not set. The NLS map must be set to an ICU codepage which is equivalent to the character set specified by NLS_LANG
Regards
Kashif Khan
kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kashif007 »

Does anyone know how I can fix this error

Please
Regards
Kashif Khan
kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kashif007 »

Does anyone know how I can fix this error

Its a fatal error
Please
Regards
Kashif Khan
csrazdan
Participant

Post by csrazdan »

NLS support has to be enabled during installation. You need to check with your DataStage Administrator.
Assume everything I say or do is positive
kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kashif007 »

It is installed in my Datastage. It says I need to set the NLS_LANG which is I think a environmental variable, which I can't find. I am asking how will I be able to set it or reset. Or Just somehow get ride of the above mentioned error.
Regards
Kashif Khan
kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kashif007 »

Found the solution. Metadata and data format used for load should be correct. NLS_LANG is in oracle which is set to AMERICAN by default
Regards
Kashif Khan