oracle client on datastage server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

oracle client on datastage server

Post by kirankota79 »

I have installed oracle 9i client on datastage server for setting up ODBC connections to the remote oracle servers. the remote servers has running oracle 8i on them. what iam doing is iam connectiong to a source oracle 8i database with ORACLE STAGE and loading to target oracle 8i database with ORACLE STAGE. It is reading without any problem but it is creating problems when loading the data giving the errors like SIGSEGV and error code (139) . But when i used the ODBC STAGE i dont have any problems and it is loading without any hassles. is the problem of backward compatibility that is creating with ORACLE ENTERPRISE STAGE? can anybody please clarify!

thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We've found you need to take a 'least common denominator' path and that you should be using an 8i client if your lowest db version that you need to access is 8i.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

The following applies if you are using Load method to load an oracle table:
You have one version of SQL Loader on Datastage machine trying to load to an oracle database of a different version. There are combinations that work, and combinations that don't. What exactly are those, I can't remember, but we have datastage machine as Oracle 10 and are able to load to Oracle 9 only with the following setting:
For your job choose an environment variable APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS and set it's value to "OPTIONS(DIRECT=FALSE,PARALLEL=TRUE)". It is important that direct is false.
Does this help?