Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vikas Jain
Participant

Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation.

Post by Vikas Jain »

Hi,

The job calls a Routine using a transformer.
It polls the database on a periodic basis- which can be as low as <1 minute.
Now,once the job is triggerd after several polling rounds, it throws error in the transformer stage saying "Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation."

Let me know y this is happening & how can it be resolved.
Thnks in advance.
Vikas
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No idea.

The reason we have no idea is that you have posted no detail of your job (and job sequence?) design, for example what stage types are being used, nor any detail of the routine you are invoking.

Right now your question is in the category of "my car won't start, what's wrong with it?".

More detail will allow more cogent diagnosis.

GCI (General Call Interface) is the mechanism that DataStage BASIC uses to invoke C functions. Are you sure this is a parallel job? Does it include any server job functionality?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Vikas Jain
Participant

Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation

Post by Vikas Jain »

Hey Ray,

The parallel job is using a transformer stage to call a routine which in turn takes the parameter as hardcoded in the routine and triggers other job depending upon the availabilty of a key value.
I tried increasing IPC interval and also enabling row buffer.
Still sometimes it do fail.
Is it related to buffer space avlbl, I tried with diablin the rowbuffer too, still d same issue.
pls advice.
~Vikas~
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Lose the job design.

Design it using a job sequence, which you should have done from the outset.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.