DB2 Version 8.2 Comapatibility with Datastage version 7.1r2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSkkk
Charter Member
Charter Member

DB2 Version 8.2 Comapatibility with Datastage version 7.1r2

Post by DSkkk »

Hi

Recently in Development environment we Upgraded the DB2 version from 8.1 to DB2 UDB v8.2.6 (Fixpak 13). The Datastage is on 7.1r2 . The ETL jobs which use the API stage are functioning properly but the Jobs which use the DB2 EE stage are failing with fatal errors such as:

Error Idx = 1;
DB2 Driver Embedded SQL: -5005;
sqlcode = ;
sqlstate = SQL5005C System Error.

Error Idx = 5;
DB2 Driver Embedded SQL: -10004;
sqlcode = 58031;
sqlstate = SQL10004C An I/O error occurred while accessing the database directory.
SQLSTATE=58031

Wondering if this is related to Version Compatibility between DataStage and DB2. Did anyone have experience similar situation. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Kiran.
g.kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not seen it, but didn't have much experience with 7.1r2.

It might be interesting to farm this back to IBM support, and watch the DS support point the finger at DB2 and vice versa.

I suspect you're right, that there's a version compatibility issue. What does your DataStage manual say about the DB2 stage? The section on supported versions of DB2 is usually right at the front of the chapter.

The "r2" in your version number indicates a "rapid repair" - whatever was repaired should have made it into a later release. Rapid repairs do not go through the full QA process; maybe you could consider upgrading DataStage? Version 7.5 has plenty of goodies in it, particularly in job sequences.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.