Real Time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Real Time

Post by Raftsman »

Has anyone used the MQ plug-in and could someone please direct me to a place where there may be some examples or documentation. I have looked through the MQ Series Connectivity docs but they are very vague. During our version 8.0 installation, we installed the client software. We are getting a MQSCO.DLL not found problem which is probably related to the MQS.DLL one I found in the forum.

We opened a ticket with support as well.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim Stewart
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hi Jim...

The pdf that comes with the plugins is pretty good. I have to double check to see exactly where it is located with the v8 release, but again, it's fairly complete.

Not sure exactly what your issue might be, but a couple of things to consider...

a) there are two options for the stage...the "Stage" and the new "MQ Connector"...both are similar, but the connector has some new goodies, does better support for job parameters, and locates queue manager names and queue names from the GUI directly. It's GUI isn't as "pretty," but it is more functional.
b) that being said, you can try both to see if there is something unique to the issue that you are having.
c) I have to check the .dlls on my configuration...but do you recall answering the prompt during install of v8 that requested whether you wanted to install the plugin for the (1) MQ Client or (2) the MQ Server? What do you have co-resident with DataStage? In 7.5 and earlier we always had to have the MQ Server available...now it can be either, but you have to pick it at install time...not sure what you have to do to change it after the fact.

Otherwise, the plugin/connector in v8 is fairly straightforward to use, and works fine in general, once we get you past this initial config/install problem.

Ernie
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

Thanks for the info. The problem I am facing is, I have never used this stage and I was hoping to see some examples on how it is used. We have a requirement for messaging and I must learn how to implement it. The docs are geared towards an experienced user.

You are probably right that we didn't install it correctly but finding the problem is difficult.

We'll keep plugging at it.

Thanks.
Jim Stewart