Oracle Upsert Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Upsert Error

Post by keshav0307 »

when I am loading a oracle table, Oracle Enterprise stage, upsert methode. I am getting this following error

ORA_TRAcct: APT_OraUpsertOperator: connect failed. Environment: user: csa_user; password: *****; server: PLRS; ORACLE_SID: PLRP; ORACLE_HOME: /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.

but Using using the same user name and password i can connect to the same data base using sqlplus.

i am also able to extract data from this database using Oracle Enterprise stage.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Does your id have load permissions to the table? Extracting data just means you have select permissioins, not necessarily insert/update permissions. Verify it from your dba.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What properties have you used in the stage? For example, do you have the Remote Server property set?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

Yes, I have insert,update permission too.
I have set Remote Server =<database Name>.

it may be some environment parameter setting problem, because this job was earlier runningperfactly in other project, fpr the same table load
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look at the "job starting" event in the log - the first event in the log, to verify the job parameter settings that were used, and in the "environment variables" event in the log (usually about the fourth event) to verify what environment variable settings were actually used.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

Try to connect with sqlplus, but not from your PC. Instead use the unix sqlplus from your ETL machine where your DataStage is installed. You may want to examine the tnsnames.ora on the machine to see how the database name is stored there.